*Akaroa Highlights 6 hr tour from Lyttelton with the Shamarra Alpaca Farm Tour - a private tour with a local - upto 5 people
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Canterbury
- Product code: AkaHigh-sham6
Akaroa Highlights 6 hr tour from Lyttelton with the Shamarra Alpaca Farm Tour - a private tour with a local - upto 5 people
This full day private your, hosted by a local will include:
- 1 hour alpaca farm tour - entry included for all guests.
- Check the reviews to see what people are saying about this tour.
- Historic Akaroa in review
- Delightful Bays and bird life.
- Lush pastures rolling over volcanic hills and mountains where sheep, deer and cattle roam.
- Little River township and the Silo Motel (time permitting)
- Barry's Bay Cheese Factory visit - samples galore.
- Akaroa - the lovely french settlement nesting in the heart of Banks Peninsula.
- Maybe a call on the amazing Okains Bay Maori and Colonial museum (entry included)
- Maybe a call on The Giants House - Jose Martins exquisite ceramic garden and gallery (entry extra)
- Maybe a call on the only organic winery in the area...samples galore.
- Larger groups by arrangement.
Abut the Alpaca Farm tour
Set in a beautiful harbour on the slopes of an extinct volcano and overlooked by craggy volcanic hills, the farm is only a 20-minute drive from the historic seaside village of Akaroa. The panoramic views of Akaroa harbour and the rolling hills and peaks of the surrounding valleys are breath-taking.
- Your tour starts with a brief introduction to alpacas and their unique and quirky habits. You will be coming into close contact with your new found friends so we will also give a quick safety briefing with an alpaca in the barn.
- An award winning alpaca fleece is on display and you get to feel the incredible cashmere like softness of superfine alpaca whilst learning about their amazing qualities.
- We will then walk you through our alpaca herd where you can enjoy interacting with these gentle animals while they graze contentedly in their natural habitat.
- Feed the mothers with their their young by their side. This provides some amazing close up alpaca contact and great photos.
- Take advantage of the views across Akaroa harbour which are absolutely stunning and provide endless photo opportunities for lasting memories of your visit to our farm.
- Tour, pat and a cuddle of these cute animals....a visit to the alpaca shop and light refreshments.
All tours and transfer prices are plus booking and credit card fees added at time of booking.