*Lyttelton and the Shamarra Alpaca Farm tour full day private tour with a local - upto 5 people
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Lyttelton
- Product code: Lyttcruisesham
Lyttelton and the Shamarra Alpaca Farm tour full day private tour with a local - upto 5 people
This full day private your, hosted by a local will include:
- 1 hour alpaca farm tour included for all guests.
- Check the reviews to see what people are saying about this tour.
- Historic Lyttelton in review
- Sumner and Redcliffs seaside beaches
- Lush pastures rolling over volcanic hills and mountains where sheep, deer and cattle roam.
- Quaint historic towns
- Silo Motel
- Barry's Bay Cheese Factory visit
- Akaroa - the lovely french settlement nesting in the heart of Banks Peninsula.
- Christchurch and my downtown city highlights tour where $50 billion will make Christchurch the most modern and earthquake safe cities in the world. Features street art, memorials, the old and the new buildings, parks and more.
- Lunch (own cost)
- Larger groups by arrangement.
Abut the Alpaca Farm tour
Set in a beautiful harbour on the slopes of an extinct volcano and overlooked by craggy volcanic hills, the farm is only a 20-minute drive from the historic seaside village of Akaroa. The panoramic views of Akaroa harbour and the rolling hills and peaks of the surrounding valleys are breath-taking.
- Your tour starts with a brief introduction to alpacas and their unique and quirky habits. You will be coming into close contact with your new found friends so we will also give a quick safety briefing with an alpaca in the barn.
- An award winning alpaca fleece is on display and you get to feel the incredible cashmere like softness of superfine alpaca whilst learning about their amazing qualities.
- We will then walk you through our alpaca herd where you can enjoy interacting with these gentle animals while they graze contentedly in their natural habitat.
- Feed the mothers with their their young by their side. This provides some amazing close up alpaca contact and great photos.
- Take advantage of the views across Akaroa harbour which are absolutely stunning and provide endless photo opportunities for lasting memories of your visit to our farm.
All tours and transfer prices are plus booking and credit card fees added at time of booking.