Christchurch, The Bays and Akaroa Highlights with return to Christchurch - Full Day Private Tour with Shamarra Alpaca Farm Tour 2 - 5 ppl
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: CH-Ak-Sham-Tour
Add - known all over the world - a visit to The Giant's House (optional extra)
- Meet at your hotel, motel or cruise ship
- Minimum 2 adults
- Children or additional adults - same price as a child.
- Larger groups - upto 8 people by arrangement.
About the Alpaca Tour
Come and meet our friendly, award-winning alpacas in Akaroa, New Zealand. Our Alpacas are very cute, photogenic, and are comfortable with interacting with people.
- Your tour starts with a brief introduction to alpacas and their unique and quirky habits. You will be coming into close contact with your new found friends so we will also give a quick safety briefing with an alpaca in the barn.
- An award winning alpaca fleece is on display and you get to feel the incredible kashmir like softness of superfine alpaca whilst learning about their amazing qualities.
- We will then walk you through our alpaca herd where you can enjoy interacting with these gentle animals while they graze contentedly in their natural habitat.
- Feed the mothers with their young by their side. This provides some amazing close up alpaca contact and great photos.
- Take advantage of the views across Akaroa harbour which are absolutely stunning and provide endless photo opportunities for lasting memories of your visit to our farm.
About the Giant's House
The Giant's House - A historic Akaroa house with original artworks, terraced gardens with sculptures and mosaics. Very Unique. A creative feast and a wonderful experience. Romantic secluded and quiet, but only a few minutes walk to the centre of Akaroa.
The Giant's House was the first bank managers house in Akaroa, built 1880 of totara and kauri. It is grand in size, proportions, and features. Elegant and comfortable, it is designed and decorated in the french style. Being the home of an artist it balances and contrasts the historic and contemporary. Both the house and terraced gardens are full of surprises -expect the unexpected at The Giant's House!
The Giant's House has featured on top television programmes and in numerous house/art/garden magazines. The house has many extraordinary features - a grand entrance hall with mahogany staircase imported from France, original open fireplaces, beautifully proportioned rooms, a conservatory with mosaic floor, a large sunny sheltered verandah, quirky bathrooms, bright yellow farmhouse kitchen, comfortable large bedrooms with unique artistic features and artwork throughout.
At The Giant's House you will be pampered, and stimulated, in surroundings that will uplift your soul!- a very special experience, quite 'out of this world'.
Positive, colourful - it will make you smile
Seriously playful yet charming and elegant.
The Giants House has been awarded for its recognition as a Garden of International Significance since 2018, and National Significance since 2012.
The rest of your tour will feature rolling volcanic hills, sheep, cattle and pristine lakes....and if time permits a stop at the Little River Craft Shop and Silo Motels.